For the last several years we have been using TurboTax to file our federal and state returns and we’ve been very happy with them. We used to purchase the software, but now we handle it online. Every year, I’ve noticed upgrades and improvements and this year is no exception.
Finding Your Tax Information and Answers Easily
One feature I personally enjoyed that I’m sure other returning users will appreciate is the customized home base that contains their previous tax returns. In addition, TurboTax also includes a Affordable Care Guide to help users better understand the new requirements.
If you’re looking for an answer to your specific situation, AnswerXchange is fantastic resource. You have access to both tax experts and to experienced users who can point you in the right direction. If you prefer the phone, you can call and speak to a Certified Public Accountant.
Which TurboTax Edition is Right for You?
There are several different editions that you can choose from based on your family’s particular needs.
- Free Edition: If you’re one of the almost 60 million Americans who qualify for a 1040EZ/A, TurboTax’s free edition is a wonderful options as they’ve made the filing process even easier.
- Deluxe: Many people will find this a suitable option to take care of their tax deductions and credits for families and homeowners.
- Premier: This edition is designed for those who have numerous investments or if you own rental properties.
- Home & Business: Entrepreneurs with either sole proprietor, consultant, contractor or single-owner LLC business will find this edition more than capable of handling their business.
- Business: If you have a corporation, partnership or multi-member LLC, TurboTax can help you optimize your tax return.
We’ve been happy with TurboTax and how easy it is for us to file using their services. Find out which edition of TurboTax is right for you.
TurboTax Giveaway- File Your Federally Taxes for Free!
Now to the best part – Couple Money, My Financial Reviews, and TurboTax would like you to file your federal taxes for free. I am giving away codes for TurboTax’s premier edition for interested readers. To enter, it’s simple – just let me know what you plan to do with your tax refund – are you saving it, investing it or spending it?
You can either leave a comment below, tweet me (please tag me so I can see), or share your tax refund plans on Facebook. I’ll compile the entries and pick winners this upcoming Monday (February 3, 2014) so you can get your taxes filed and done as soon as possible. If you know someone who would love a chance to get their federal taxes filed for free, please send them a link to the giveaway through email or share this on Facebook and Twitter. Thank you again for being a part of the Couple Money Community!
Since TurboTax has been kind enough to sponsor the prizes, please feel free to send them a tweet if you win 😉