When we first signed up for Amazon I had used their Mom membership. We just had a our baby daughter and I heard about the significant discounts Amazon had for diapers and other baby supplies. When that deal ran out I used Prime and really enjoyed the shipping benefits. I also loved their Instant Video options and this year, some of shows are available to watch as they air. Since we’ve cut back on cable, this has been a huge plus for us as I don’t have to miss some of my favorite shows or wait for them on Netflix.
Our anniversary date is coming up and we will be charged the new membership fee of $99/year. As with all of our subscriptions and memberships, we take a review to make sure the benefits outweigh the costs.
As I went on the site to check things, I discovered the company has been adding new features and benefits to Prime.
- Free 2 Day Shipping for eligible purchases
- Unlimited streaming of movies and videos with Amazon Instant Video
- Borrow books from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library.
- Unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than a million songs on Prime Music
- Download a new book for free every month from the Kindle First picks
- Access to Prime Pantry, allowing members to get low priced grocery, household, and pet care items for a flat delivery fee of $5.99 for each
I’m glad I reviewed the benefits because I discovered even though we are saving just with the shipping and television benefits, we weren’t really using all that we could.
Thoughts on Amazon Prime
It looks like we’re going to stick with our Amazon Prime membership. I’m also going ahead and try out some of the other features including the Prime Music and the Kindle First download. Hopefully we can save some more money taking advantage of these.